I LOVE sugar scrub. It is an excellent exfoliant AND moisturizer, and has ingredients that most of us can find right in our kitchen cupboards. Also, this recipe is SO easy, a child could make it. No, for realsies my 13 year old daughter made some in her after school program! This scrub should only take you about 10 minutes, now THAT is easy!
Making scrubs is not only great to treat yourself and the family, but are so wonderful as gifts. Whether you need an inexpensive holiday, or a reason to treat a special friend, this is a great DIY! Now, just a few notes about the materials below: You do not HAVE to use essential oil, but I highly recommend it. Essential oils have many different healing effects mentally, physically, and emotionally,and they smell great! Also coconut oil as your base moisturizer is my top choice for a deep moisturizer, and it is an edible oil so it is non-toxic.Ok, let’s start !
- 1/2 cup organic coconut
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (you can use up to 1/2 cup if you want your scrub to have a more coarse, sand-like texture)
- 1/4 teaspoon Lavender essential oil (about 25 drops)
- Jar(I recommend glass only. essential oils will last longer)
- Free printable label (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. (Do not heat the coconut oil, as it will dissolve the sugar)
- Mix slowly, but thoroughly, then put into your chosen glass container.
- 3.) Affix chosen label, or decoration to top of jar. You can also use some twine and paper with a hole punched through to make a hanging label, just tie around top of jar!
Massage gently onto face, hands, arms or legs for 30 seconds while in shower. Remember , a little goes a long way so use sparingly! Do not put on feet as you may fall in the shower. I hope you had fun with my DIY, be sure to send photos, and let me know all the fun scents you made, wahoo!
*Like this post? Want to see more DIY’s and other fab, fun stuff? Follow me, and let me know where ya found me!*